Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Soak the Sin

Back in my very last years at the Gymnasium (swedish equivalent of the american high school), I was the singer in a death metal band. Although of course always being damn cool, I never had any luck with girls, but I had at least a few girlfriends this period. The most memorable of these being a sweet girl named Åsa Grundberg, that studied media at the time. She was a bit more into grunge, not metal, and also loved sports, as opposed to me. She left town and we broke up. Lost contact years and years ago.

Now my music career failed for many stupid reasons, so I am not in a band anylonger. But she most definitely is (and I'm arguably into media somewhat, how's that for a twist of fate?). She's in this really cool rockband called Soak the Sin. And their debut album "The Work is Done" is released today.

This is damn good stuff. Girlband, but with definite influences from bands like Queens of the Stoneage, Muse and that kind of stuff. And it's surprisingly fresh and good. So, I am plugging them. Here and now. Buy their album.

Their site

Their video "I said no" on SVTs Spinn

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I listened to it, and its really good. Maybe not *exactly* up my alley, but i could buy the single at least. ;)

And for our foreign users, click the link, scroll down a little, find Soak the sin - I said no (2006)

and then klick the " Kolla videon!" button highligthed in orange. =)