Tuesday, July 04, 2006

A summer tuesdays rant

I wish I had something really deep and profound to say today. Something that would really bend your mind and challenge your intellects. But I don't. My vocabulary skills today seem to stretch to "My feet hurts from too much walking", but that's about it. I'm pathetic.

It is quite obvious it's summer though, and I must say walking a lot isn't such a bad thing really. Just enjoying the season. Until the heat gets too much that is.

One thing I've noticed this year that I really never thought of before is how different people act when summer arrives. During winter if you might some acquaintance on the way somewhere, all conversations seem to end within five minutes and all more or less consists of phrases like "Hi, long time since I saw you last time.", "How are things?" and "Well, I gotta be going, in a bit of a hurry?". I don't know what it is that makes winter create such stress and dislike for long conversations. But the difference in how people act when you meet them now are so much different. Met two guys the other day, that I normally would only have said "Hi!" to in best case. But now these "Hi", turned into 30 minutes conversations. And still, these people were actually busy. One actually going to work, the other running errands. So you can't just claim it's because they have vacation. No, it's something with the climate. I mean, I know I am affected. The darkness of the winters up here are so dark, that I always get gloomy, whereas the summers are soo light that I feel like a totally different person.

Anyway, not gonna sit here and waste this perfect sunny day in front of the cimputer anymore. Going out into the sun.

Oh, this of course also means there will be less blog updates during summer from me. So, you'll all have to wait for those profound thoughts. Now, what a loss, eh?

No comments: